8 Reasons Why You’re Not Getting Enough Clients!
Are you a professional providing great service but do not have as many clients as you wish?
Do you have expert knowledge about a field of expertise but are invisible to your target audience?
Are you one of those people who know they can make a difference in people’s lives but are struggling to get more clients?
Well, you’re not alone. Almost all of my clients suffer from these common syndromes when they first hire me. Let me give you 8 reasons why you’re not getting enough clients. These 8 reasons actually fall under two main categories:
1. Internal blocks
Internal blocks could be one or a combination of the following:
- a loud inner critic – sending you messages such as ‘You’re not good enough’, ‘You’re a fraud’, ‘Who do you think you are?’, and so on.
- false assumptions –when you tell yourself ‘This has never worked out in the past. Why should it work this time?’
- false interpretations – e.g., ‘I don’t think my boss will ever give me a raise because last time we met he told me he only promotes high-standard employees.’
- limiting beliefs – e.g., ‘In this day and age, no one wants another kind of pizza. People only want more tech-y stuff.’
2. Faulty procedures
Faulty procedures could be problems in one or a combination of what I call “The 4 Stages of the Client Acquisition Cycle”:
- creating awareness – i.e., having a floppy marketing system or no marketing system at all.
- follow up – no consistency or constancy, non-inspiring goals or pure laziness.
- sales conversation – e.g., speaking about features of your services instead of benefits.
- closing the sale – e.g., lacking the essential techniques.
Of course, in my years of experience, it’s been proven to me that 80 percent of external blocks are actually manifestations of internal blocks. For example, sometimes the professional doesn’t put a marketing system in place because deep inside they don’t believe that they’re offering a good beneficial service, therefore, they procrastinate so they won’t have to face their own perceived inadequacy. Or, more often than not, they aren’t able to close the sale predominantly because they have a value against being rich, which stems from the fact that they’ve been raised in a family where money has always been considered the root of evil.
Now, it’s your turn. When you go through the 2 categories and 8 likely causes above, what do you see? What do you want to change? What’s the action step(s) you want to take?
Dr. Shahab Anari is a Personal Branding Strategist, professional coach, and co-author with Brian Tracy of the best-seller ‘Ignite Your Life’. He has worked with more than 30,000 people on the topics of personal and professional success. He empowers professionals to get more clients through more visibility, credibility, and authenticity. Download his FREE Personal Branding Guide at www.shahabanari.ca.